How to contact me
E-mail: jessica [at] jessicahickok [dot] com
(#seriously, I have to write it that way or the robots will scrape it and I will be on every spam list possible)
(#seriously, the profile is locked down, but messaging still works. And I am not posting my cell number online.)
Old School: via phone. Call my office (405) 848-9944. That number is already all over the internet.
What I Do
Prior to taking the job as the CEO of the Oklahoma Association of REALTORS® in December 2016, I was the Association Executive for the local Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS® and and General Manager for the Southern Missouri Regional MLS based in Springfield for four years. I don’t do what I do, because I am a recovering REALTOR® broker, after 14 years. It’s because I actually like what I do and I have a quirky passion for the organization.
What I Call “Accomplishments”
- A long time ago, I was a REALTOR® and property manager. Yeah, I have some good stories loaded with sarcasm. That slumlord taught me everything I know about real estate and I am more than thankful for the experience. I call him slumlord jokingly, of course.
- I was one of Springfield Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” recipients in 2011.
- I spoke about residential property management at the Annual Conference for the National Association of REALTORS® each year from 2009 through 2012.
- In 2008, I started the local chapter of JDRF Ozarks. (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). I am a Type 1 diabetic (juvenile, brittle, attach-whatever-obsolete-term-you-want-here) on an insulin pump and JDRF has my heart. Now under the Springfield chapter is under the direction of amazing staff, the local non-profit raises almost a half million dollars each year for Type 1 diabetes research. One day a cure will come.
- I once had a vision to design my own shoe line. I actually have five prototypes already designed and ready to be manufactured. Maybe one day.
- I am a girl geek who likes to design websites, develop apps and talk tech. But I am self taught and only know enough to be dangerous.
- At the end of the 2016, my family and I moved to Oklahoma City, because I accepted the position of Chief Executive Officer for the Oklahoma Association of REALTORS®, a 10,000+ member association that focuses on cool projects like advocacy, government affairs, professional development, and education… just to name a few things.
This website and blog posts are personal opinions and thoughts. Although I talk about my work A LOT, the views and opinions expressed on this web site are not those of my employment.
Oh and I am not a doctor either. So don’t take anything I say as medical advice.